My view

Welcome to 'Bird's Eye View'!

When I was 18 my father handed me a Nikon and told me to get in the car. We drove through sleepy little Iowa towns and down winding gravel roads. He started me on what will be a life long journey of seeing the world through the lens of my camera.

To me photography is an art. The art of capturing a moment or a natural expression is what I love to do. I will give you direction and then find your personality within that pose.

What I see through my lens is no different than what you see every day - the only difference is I have the ability to stop time and provide you with those memories.

Contact me at katie (dot) reints (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire about a session.

...or find me on facebook!

Bird's Eye View Photography by Katie Reints


Welcome them home

Welcome them home
There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

House of Hope Mothers Day Celebration

From start to finish, this project was guided by a higher power. For about 18 years, since I started down this photography journey, I have wanted to find a way to give back using my gift. 

One morning I met someone that worked at the House of Hope during a breakfast for United Way. This woman sat next to me in a room of several hundred people. I almost fell off my chair in excitement when I heard where she worked. I gave her my card with my cell number on it and asked to have someone call me. However, I was not going to leave this to chance. So I emailed several of the other ladies in the office when I got back to work. 

After speaking to her and telling her of my plans, it dawned on me that I had a chance to make a much bigger impact if I asked my friends and family for their support in this en devour. 

4 months from start to finish, this project included $100 gift cards for all the moms to shop for clothes for themselves and their children to wear for the photos. Donations of items that they needed such as diapers, toys, home goods, clothes and more poured in and when I took the gift cards and invitations to them on my birthday, my vehicle was PACKED. 

The day of the event I had the best entourage a girl could ask for. Not only did my friends take off work to come help me, they offered their own amazing talents as well. My hair dresser came in and did the moms and kids hair prior to the pictures, my kindergarten teacher friend came in and did mothers day crafts with the kids, my caterer friend brought in an amazing meal for everyone to eat that afternoon, and another dear friend came in and was my right hand that afternoon as I photographer 9 moms and 17 children.

That day each of the ladies int he office were treated to flowers for their desks, and other office supplies. Each of the mothers and children received gift bags as well -- all purchased with donated money.

And it did not end there! A very selfless person stepped up and donated an entire month's commission to these mom's as print packages. We went in a week after the photos were taken to show the moms their photos. They then got the purchase prints, and other photo related items. 

It was a Labor of Love and I HOPE to make this an annual event!

Below is a taste of the photos that were taken that day! 









No comments: