My view

Welcome to 'Bird's Eye View'!

When I was 18 my father handed me a Nikon and told me to get in the car. We drove through sleepy little Iowa towns and down winding gravel roads. He started me on what will be a life long journey of seeing the world through the lens of my camera.

To me photography is an art. The art of capturing a moment or a natural expression is what I love to do. I will give you direction and then find your personality within that pose.

What I see through my lens is no different than what you see every day - the only difference is I have the ability to stop time and provide you with those memories.

Contact me at katie (dot) reints (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire about a session.

...or find me on facebook!

Bird's Eye View Photography by Katie Reints


Welcome them home

Welcome them home
There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Project 365: Scavenger Hunt Sunday


This weeks photos had me thinking.... I settled on this one as show me your style. I went looking for some jewelry of my own to photograph and ran across my grandmothers pearls. That is a picture of her when she was about 19-- 'showing me her style'. 



Mismatched:


Technology: I may have been the only hold out with the new smart phones -- I recently upgraded... and  have to say with a little reluctance... I LOVE IT.


Laundry is very ROUTINE in our house. 


Music: I just happened to take this photo this week as part of my 365 project. In 2008 an F5 tornado hit our town taking out 200+ homes. This family decided rather than throwing away the piano that was destroyed, they would turn it into yard art - so there it sits, in their front yard.  




17 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Love your technology shot - enjoy your smart phone! I love mine!

Nicki said...

Brilliant finds for this week's scavenger hunt - I love the pearls and picture of your mom as well as the baby-grand as lawn art (sad how it came to be).

Patti said...

Love your shots!
I am still a hold out on a smart phone...........

Bridget said...

Great set. I love your Routine shot - I never thought of that, but laundry is very routine in this house too!

Ashley Sisk said...

Great set and beautiful processing. :)

Kathy said...

No way! That is an awesome photo AND story behind it, of the piano. And F5? Wow, I can't even imagine experiencing something like that. I love your pearl photo and the backdrop photo of your mom too. Great set.

Terrie said...

Music and style (kind of go together don't they?) - anyway, those are my two fave shots of yours. Love that piano yard art!

Linda R said...

What great finds this week. That first shot is beautiful.. Good luck with your 365 day project. I finished mine about 6 months ago. I am so glad I did it.. Some days were tough. But most of the time I really enjoyed it.

Point & Shoot said...

Love your style shot...old photographs always make me smile...

Holly said...

I love your style shot. So beautiful and meaningful too. LOVE IT!

tiarastantrums said...

that piano cracks me up!

Buckeroomama said...

Great finds! I really like your shot of the washing machine... you make something as boring as that look great. :)

Sherri B. said...

Wonderful photos - that piano image is especially interesting! I love your "show me your style" photo, too. Thank you for sharing!

DaenelT said...

Such great photos! Your grandmother's pears are stunning...

Serline said...

LOve your mismatch and music. How about a pair of black and white shoes to match with those sock?

Patrice said...

Great shots - Love that Style!

Kay Rhodes said...

How cool is that piano!!!