My view

Welcome to 'Bird's Eye View'!

When I was 18 my father handed me a Nikon and told me to get in the car. We drove through sleepy little Iowa towns and down winding gravel roads. He started me on what will be a life long journey of seeing the world through the lens of my camera.

To me photography is an art. The art of capturing a moment or a natural expression is what I love to do. I will give you direction and then find your personality within that pose.

What I see through my lens is no different than what you see every day - the only difference is I have the ability to stop time and provide you with those memories.

Contact me at katie (dot) reints (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire about a session.

...or find me on facebook!

Bird's Eye View Photography by Katie Reints


Welcome them home

Welcome them home
There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Project 365: Day 4 Scavenger Hunt Sunday



Grey: I took this one yesterday on my photography hunt. 


Bliss: Yesterday I took my camera and got lost on a dirt road-- THAT is bliss to me!


A Glimpse: This is one of hundreds of slides my great grandmother left behind. This is her and my grandfather in the house Frank Lloyd Wright built in Charles City, Iowa. 


Crossed: This is one of the photographs I have framed in my house. One of the very first I took with the Nikon featured in my blog header, and developed in my fathers dark room. 


Hand written: Henry worked all day yesterday and a good part of this morning to write this book. 
It is called, 'I am writing a book.'

12 comments:

georgia b. said...

i love that you took something that is as bright as it gets... a bright yellow school bus... and used that as your grey shot. and how cool to have that photo of your great grandmother and grandfather... especially in front of such a landmark. i love frank lloyd wright! i live in chicago, so there are many homes built by him near me. great shots.

Andrea Dawn said...

I love your gray school bus as well. Really cool glimpse . . . very creative.

homeschoolceo said...

Great set! I love your processing on the first two. That last one is precious and I LOVE your header. I have a similar Nikon but need to have it cleaned and find some film before I can use it. How cool that your dad has a dark room!!

Leovi said...

I love, wonderful pictures, yes, I really like the bus. Greetings.

becomingmyideal said...

Your pictures are great. Although it was a picture of a picture, I LOVE the crossed picture. And the handwritten shot (and the explanation with it) is precious!

Kathy said...

Oh wow...I think your handwritten photo is one of my fav I've seen so far. What a memento to have!

Serline said...

Get lost and found bliss. Great idea and photo. I like it. Have a great week!

Ashley Sisk said...

Your processing on the first shot is spectacular...love it!

Nancy Claeys said...

Loving your interpretations of the Hunt prompts -- unexpected and interesting. :)

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

Love that dirt road- looks so peaceful!

Wendy said...

Great interpretations this week. Love the school bus picture...super creative!

Thanks for stopping by my little piece of blog world and sharing your comments.

Betty Manousos said...

i love your photography!

stopping by via nancy's blog to say hi!
i really enjoyed my visit on here.