My view

Welcome to 'Bird's Eye View'!

When I was 18 my father handed me a Nikon and told me to get in the car. We drove through sleepy little Iowa towns and down winding gravel roads. He started me on what will be a life long journey of seeing the world through the lens of my camera.

To me photography is an art. The art of capturing a moment or a natural expression is what I love to do. I will give you direction and then find your personality within that pose.

What I see through my lens is no different than what you see every day - the only difference is I have the ability to stop time and provide you with those memories.

Contact me at katie (dot) reints (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire about a session.

...or find me on facebook!

Bird's Eye View Photography by Katie Reints


Welcome them home

Welcome them home
There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday




1. Vanishing point
Taken in Tybee Island, Ga. These are not my footprints. I happened upon these... and I did not see a jogger. 



2. Square Crop



3. Welcome to the ?Jungle? *err* woods?
I took this photo one Thanksgiving while visiting my sister in Wisconsin. That is a Bald Eagle flying over the Wolf River. This was taken out her window. Quite a view ehh?


4.Calm
Another Tybee shot. My sister and I went para sailing. This was the most amazing thing I have ever done. It was perfectly quiet up there. The one thing that ran through my head was.... There is a god.  


Photography love...

5. Under
Taken in my garden on a nice warm spring day. 


OK, I cannot tell a lie. This week I did not take new photos. These are archived. *BLERG* But! C'mon. Give a girl a break. I am stuck inside... with 45 mph wind gusts... and it is not nearly spring here. 


Can I be forgiven this once?

34 comments:

The Frat Pack + Me said...

Of course you are forgiven! These are beauties!

Nicole said...

I really love your shots! Beautiful.

Tara said...

They are all beautiful...I LOVE vanishing point!! Gorgeous.

misc.alaina said...

forgiven - especially since you have such beautiful shots!

deb duty said...

I'm glad you picked the shots you did. They are all perfect for the prompts. The vanishing point is so creative, but I love them all!

Buckeroo said...

GREAT photos! I especially love Vanishing Point. Beautiful. :)

texwisgirl said...

As long as you feed us beauty like this, we'll let you slide... :)

Sheri said...

Totally forgiven. That vanishing point is incredible!!!

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

The first & second shots are stunning & that one from the sky made my heart skip a beat- or maybe a couple. WOW

Mad Mind said...

I'm having the same problems. I live in Wisconsin and yesterday around 3PM the wind chill was keeping it at 15 degrees. Opportunities for photos are few and far between.

I love the vanishing point. That is stunning.

Linda R. said...

Well I am glad you dug these photos out they are wonderful.. Every single one of them..

Hugs, Linda

Stefanie Brown said...

Wow! I love you "under" shot as well as your "calm shot". Fantastic captures.

Photogal said...

Again, a very solid week. What is it about the water that is so calming?!

momphotographer said...

I looked at the first picture, and I thought: ""wow! that's an amazing shot!". I thought: "It can't get any better"
Than I looked at the second one and my reaction was: "that's just crazy good"... lol
I wish I could go para sailing some day! That would be amazing... With my camera with me... Just like you did! Great shot, too!

Hugs

Barbara said...

Crikey, where do I start? Those footprints are wonderful, as is the shot of the eagle, and as for the one of the ocean... just amazing!

Ashley Sisk said...

I am so impressed with your shots this week - vanishing point - wow. Jungle - incredible. Phenomenal job this week!

~✿~Icy BC said...

What a wonderful post, and so many beautiful photos to enjoy!

Anne U said...

Amazing photos, love the eagle and bee shots. I wish it would hurry warm up too!

Marla said...

I forgive you... but only because that vanishing point shot is so gorgeous. I hope it's framed somewhere in your house. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Daogreer Earth Works said...

These are all beautiful shots! I love the footprints and the bee.

Henrietta said...

The vanishing point is amazing so beautiful, great work:)

Pam Bowers said...

Great shots! I love the footprints in the sand. Awesome shot!!!

Kimberly said...

Old shots or not, they are wonderful! Love vanishing point and under!

Kathleen said...

Amazing, all of them!! I especially love the footprints!

julie said...

All so amazaing!! LOVE the jungle shot & your vanishing point...how cool! :)

Sarah Halstead said...

Wow. Great photos. Love your vanishing point!

Seizing My Day said...

just once!! ha ha! they are all beautiful pictures... the footprints are my fav... though the beach is my favorite place on earth! **sigh**

Kat Sloma said...

Lovely photos - thanks so much for linking in to Exploring with a Camera! Some weeks you have to just dip into the archive...

fiddlehead said...

Holy cow....that vanishing footprint shot is AMAZING!
They are all beautiful.....but that one takes my breathe away!!!

Danelle said...

I love those footprints. I can't believe they were just waiting there like that for you to take a picture!

Carletta said...

Your vanishing point is absolutely awesome!
I'd have been scared to have my camera up there. :)

Thanks for your visit.

Candace said...

I love all of your photos, Katie....sooo much! The photo of the footprints blew me away though.

Misty said...

These are great photos. Love that bald eagle shot! Love the colors of the first photo! Just found you through another blogger. http://throughaphotographerseyes.blogspot.com/

JennyRain said...

That eagle is an amazing shot!