My view

Welcome to 'Bird's Eye View'!

When I was 18 my father handed me a Nikon and told me to get in the car. We drove through sleepy little Iowa towns and down winding gravel roads. He started me on what will be a life long journey of seeing the world through the lens of my camera.

To me photography is an art. The art of capturing a moment or a natural expression is what I love to do. I will give you direction and then find your personality within that pose.

What I see through my lens is no different than what you see every day - the only difference is I have the ability to stop time and provide you with those memories.

Contact me at katie (dot) reints (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire about a session.

...or find me on facebook!

Bird's Eye View Photography by Katie Reints


Welcome them home

Welcome them home
There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Project 365: Day 74 Miracle Park

This park, that sits behind our house (these pictures were taken from our backyard) was one of the big selling points when we purchased it. 


There were only a handful of days we could enjoy it this winter- yet we had to look at it drooling the entire time. Yesterday the sun shined just enough to warrant a light coat and the boys ran to play as soon as school was out.


Once the trees regain their leaves in the spring, and the corn stands tall again there is less of a reminder that a tornado took so much from this community


Behind our house there used to be Dozens of century old oak trees. Now there are few. However I did not live here before... and I can imagine why the owners left after. The views that they cherished would have been forever changed.

However this town rebuilt-- and the park was resurrected. Naming it Miracle Park. Because the day that F-5 tornado came through .... not one child was playing at the park.

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love your perspective on the first two. Miracle Park sounds like a very appropriate name.

Meg said...

Oh wow! So you are SO close to that park. Awesome! That must be fun. I love the old trees, that's too bad about the other old trees. I went back and read the posts you linked up about the tornado~ W.O.W. I don't even know if I can imagine what that would be like. The damage is just incredible (and not in the positive meaning of incredible).

Meg said...

I got goosebumps about the part where the closet with the glass angels was untouched.... whoa.

Tara said...

What a great park, you are so lucky to have it so close! Love your first capture!

Anne U said...

Cool story and great shots, really like the last one. Never would have believed a tornado went through looking at that first shot.

Marla said...

These are great pictures. And I am so glad that you got to get out and enjoy warm weather. Wonderful Spring is almost here. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Allie said...

I really like the last photo! Thanks for linking up! :)

Tiffany said...

Lovely perspective!

Tiffany

Tiffany said...

Missed the link the first time through...amazing story.

Tiffany

Amy said...

Hi! I am coming over to your blog to visit for awhile. You had commented on my blog a few days ago, so I wanted to return the favor.

I just love your photos! The contrasting DOF of the first 2 photos is just lovely. And the toning is perfect! :)

JennyRain said...

I like the perspective on the first shot - were you lying down in the grass? It is super cool!