My view

Welcome to 'Bird's Eye View'!

When I was 18 my father handed me a Nikon and told me to get in the car. We drove through sleepy little Iowa towns and down winding gravel roads. He started me on what will be a life long journey of seeing the world through the lens of my camera.

To me photography is an art. The art of capturing a moment or a natural expression is what I love to do. I will give you direction and then find your personality within that pose.

What I see through my lens is no different than what you see every day - the only difference is I have the ability to stop time and provide you with those memories.

Contact me at katie (dot) reints (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire about a session.

...or find me on facebook!

Bird's Eye View Photography by Katie Reints


Welcome them home

Welcome them home
There was an error in this gadget

Monday, March 7, 2011

Project 365: Day 66 Kodachrome

I spent the better part of two hours today organizing and putting back into order my great grandmothers photos. 


There are hundreds of slides all taken from around 1955-1959. Most of them do not have people in them. 


Towards the end of their lives, they traveled all over the country and she brought her camera. 


To places as far north as Canada, and south as Florida. They went to Colorado and California. The Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountain National Park. In four short years they traveled near and far. She documented it all on Kodak Kodachrome 35 mm slides.


I knew none of this until last October. 


The equipment I need to digitize these slides is on its way and I will be starting a 365 project in her honor. 


This is 56 years in the making! 


I never knew her, but I have to imagine that she will be proud to have her photography out there for the world to appreciate!

15 comments:

Tiffany said...

Neat photos!

texwisgirl said...

That's going to be interesting!

Anne U said...

I love kodechrome! Those shots look awesome, pure talent.

Kimberly said...

What great memories she left you! Best wishes with your project!

Teagan said...

Oh my gosh - I simply cannot wait! These are gorgeous already.

You'll have to fill us in with the type of "digitalizing" equipment you bought! I've been poking around but am still so uninformed...

Julia said...

This is so cool! Very neat. :)

-Julia

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

Oh WOW! That will be very interesting to see!

Candace McClintick said...

Very cool idea!

Danelle said...

This is so, so awesome and wonderful. What a labor of love.

Kamana said...

these look great. wonderful memories.

misc.alaina said...

What an amazing project you are undertaking. Very cool!!

Shannon said...

This is utterly amazing! I hope you'll be sharing that 365!

Uriel Lascano said...

Nice!

Janet said...

What an amazing treasure you've been given. I can't wait to see what's revealed.

deb duty said...

This is great! My parents took pictures on slides when I was young in the early seventies even though they never ended up buying a projector. I scanned them all last year and it was great getting to see them all finally.