My view

Welcome to 'Bird's Eye View'!

When I was 18 my father handed me a Nikon and told me to get in the car. We drove through sleepy little Iowa towns and down winding gravel roads. He started me on what will be a life long journey of seeing the world through the lens of my camera.

To me photography is an art. The art of capturing a moment or a natural expression is what I love to do. I will give you direction and then find your personality within that pose.

What I see through my lens is no different than what you see every day - the only difference is I have the ability to stop time and provide you with those memories.

Contact me at katie (dot) reints (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire about a session.

...or find me on facebook!

Bird's Eye View Photography by Katie Reints


Welcome them home

Welcome them home
There was an error in this gadget

Friday, February 11, 2011

Project 365: Day 42

This weekend we are supposed to get temps into the thirties and even the forties!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I may whip out the short sleeved shirts for the occasion. I mean seriously? The temps have been NEGATIVE. We are cagey around here though so we bundled up and went outside to play a bit.  

Household6Diva FotoFriday

Thank you to Household diva for featuring my last weeks picture! Here is this weeks submission, 'Edit this!'
SOOC version:


...and after:



and then, she {snapped}









Do I look mad in this photo? I am not. I am cold. See my red nose?

Also! Thank you to everyone who voted in the Live Every Moment Challenge this week! I won!



Here is my entry for this weeks Live Every Moment 'Valentine's' Challenge!


Happy Friday everyone! I hope that everyone gets a warm up this weekend!

32 comments:

JennyO said...

WOW! The before and after? Just grabbed me. GREAT photos. Really the light and shadows are gorgeous.

Katie said...

Congrats on your wins!!!! WOOT! And you really are the queen of starbursts! They are gorgeous every. single. time!

deb duty said...

Your edit looks fabulous. I love the sledding photo too and congrats on your win!

Mrs. H said...

I like your before & after - the snow drifts look like mountains :) Congrats on the feature & win!

Misty said...

I thought the before was great - then I saw the after and was amazed. Well done!

Ashley Sisk said...

These pictures are beautiful - I especially love the silhouettes!

Mira said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and taking a minute to leave a comment. I have to say I love your header photo!
Mira

Janet said...

Awesome edit on the first one. I really love the second shot under the "and then, she snapped" button. And congrats on winning! Yay!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Stunning photos...and I LOVE those silhouettes. Wow!

Mira said...

that's cool! thanks for sending the link. I guess we are online at the same time. :)

Kelly-Ann aka hijab-beegirl said...

Amazing!!! You got talent! I can't use photoshop but I'm going to try something :D

Have a great weekend!

Courtney said...

These are beautiful! Wonderful job! CONGRATS, by the way!

SouthernSass said...

Very cool sunburst - how did you edit it, what settings did you use to shoot it. Thanks for stopping by!

{natalie pozniak} said...

Great Shots!

Tara said...

Yay, Congrats!!! Beautiful captures...just gorgeous. You are definitley the starburst queen as Katie says!

Super cute Valentines!

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

I love those snow photos- so very pretty. I would have the same expression on my face if it were that cold here :)

Missy said...

Snow is hard to expose properly, what an awesome job! And the texture? NICE. Congrats on your wins!

withoutadornment said...

I love how you captured the texture of the snow and how the sun has the star effect!

Mama Zen said...

Gorgeous shots! I love the edit.

Anastasia said...

I clicked on your photo over at Foto Friday thinking it was a landscape of a mountain. Your edit is ridiculously amazing. Love it.

Jaymi said...

very creative heart picture! love your edit on the snow too!

Carletta said...

Lovely shots!
Your valentine shot is very creative and unique.

JunieRose2005 said...

That's a COOL heart picture and reminds me of the header I have up right now at my blog!

Skeller said...

I'm sure you're probably sick of snow, but we SoCal-ers do so enjoy seeing winter fun in cold locales. I also adore your self-portrait and the wall of photos behind you!

rachel said...

oh! I love ALL of these. Your crop on that first one really made it great, and I love your mad/cold picture too. : ) Thanks for linking up!

Simone said...

You really deserved to win with those great photos. Just love how you captured the light twinkling upon the snow. So lovely

Marla said...

Lovely shots. :)

We have 72 degrees in our future. We had a windshield of -27 this week, so I think I might be grilling out in my bathing suit.

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Shannon said...

Congratulations! All of your pictures are gorgeous!

Kristy said...

Beautiful Light!

kaye said...

oh my--they were all fantastic. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

julie said...

Great after shot! Your sledding shot is AWESOME! :)

love and life ♥ said...

Love the sledding shots! Looks like so much fun. These are so so stunning, love how the snow glistens!