My view

Welcome to 'Bird's Eye View'!

When I was 18 my father handed me a Nikon and told me to get in the car. We drove through sleepy little Iowa towns and down winding gravel roads. He started me on what will be a life long journey of seeing the world through the lens of my camera.

To me photography is an art. The art of capturing a moment or a natural expression is what I love to do. I will give you direction and then find your personality within that pose.

What I see through my lens is no different than what you see every day - the only difference is I have the ability to stop time and provide you with those memories.

Contact me at katie (dot) reints (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire about a session.

...or find me on facebook!

Bird's Eye View Photography by Katie Reints


Welcome them home

Welcome them home
There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, January 27, 2011

me, myself, and I

This is me 

**waves**


I was in the middle of shooting the crayons seen on my other blog when Sam leaped onto my back and I had to turn the camera around to capture the moment. 

I dislike photos of myself. But only just after I take them. Give me a year or two and I look back and LOVE those same photos. Yes. It is messed up- I know.

 So I have resigned myself to taking self portraits (if that is what you want to call them) and then tucking them away where no one can see them until further notice. 


But what is the fun of that? You darling people come here and comment on my photos and really have not a clue as to who is taking them.

So I will start to post a few pictures of me.... doing what I love. Capturing time.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I love the car mirror one! :)

And how fun to have Sam jump on you...and getting that snap shot! Someday they won't want to be near us...

Michelle said...

Great capture in the mirror! I do the same thing, I hate taking my photo, but then later (years later..lol) I see it and think, oh, that's not so bad. You're very pretty...and you photograph very well. Thanks for sharing.

Janet said...

Really nice, natural self-portraits.

I hate getting in front of the camera. I do it as rarely as possible and only when I am the one taking(and editing) the pic. I hide from all other cameras as much as possible.

Katherine said...

Ha! I'm the same way with many pictures I take of myself. . it's so hard NOT to delete them, because I look awful. . .but looking back I'm always glad I have them, and have somehow grown to love them :)

Sally said...

Your photos are beautiful. I love all the different ways the ice crystals show themselves! Awesome.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.