My view

Welcome to 'Bird's Eye View'!

When I was 18 my father handed me a Nikon and told me to get in the car. We drove through sleepy little Iowa towns and down winding gravel roads. He started me on what will be a life long journey of seeing the world through the lens of my camera.

To me photography is an art. The art of capturing a moment or a natural expression is what I love to do. I will give you direction and then find your personality within that pose.

What I see through my lens is no different than what you see every day - the only difference is I have the ability to stop time and provide you with those memories.

Contact me at katie (dot) reints (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire about a session.

...or find me on facebook!

Bird's Eye View Photography by Katie Reints


Welcome them home

Welcome them home
There was an error in this gadget

Friday, February 13, 2009

iHeartFaces Friday Fix it #2

First of all, if you are not participating in the fun over at iHeartFaces, you are missing out! It is a wonderfully refreshing site that is extremely positive in the face of all the negative in the world right now. I love it, and it has given me a renewed love for my art.

Here is my Friday Fix it #2 contribution....

This is the photo that they gave us today:


...and here is what I did with it:

First of all I am hard pressed to find a photo that is not made better with a little cropping. Then I played with the Hue, Contrast and Brightness. I always enjoy the darker toned photos. It makes the subject appear healthier and more vibrant instead of washed out.

And here is a B & W version:

I can't wait to see what else people did with this one!

Check them out over at:


5 comments:

drewmark19 said...

Oh wow! They're both great! I always have a hard time converting to a good black and white. I always feel like what I'm doing makes the picture washed out. I love the contrast on the one you did.

Thanks for participating. It was a joy to see what you did with the picture of my boy. Take care!

kristyo15 said...

Love the black & white!! Good work.

Teresa said...

Both are so pretty! And I really like your crop, too. beautiful colors and b&w!

Lolli said...

Great job! I also like this photo cropped. :)

theArthurClan said...

I love the photo cropped and I love it the original way ~ they both look so unique and yet so beautiful! Great job on all your conversions.

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces